November 1, 2007

Cue The Optimist

Well, I'm not much for words right now, so I'll keep my picks short and sweet this week. That being said, I am tied for the lead in this thing, so I would advise you to pay a little closer attention.

Thursday

DC United 3, Chicago 1 - I'm not quite understanding this lovefest for Cuauhtemoc and the Fire after the first leg. Yeah, the Fire have that unbelievable record against DCU in the playoffs, but I just don't think Chicago is the better team. DC breaks the jinx and comes out firing.

Friday

Houston 2, FC Dallas 0 - Again, does anyone with half a brain think Dallas is a better team? Ruiz won't play the full 90, he'll probably leave on a stretcher. If the Dynamo players don't get him, someone will probably run on the field from the stands and knock him cold.

Saturday

New England 2, New York 1 - The tie I'm still least interested in, but I'm guessing it'll be close late. But Angel just can't win it himself.

Chivas USA 1, Kansas City 0 (Chivas USA advances on PKs) - I'm still trying to figure out this hatefest for the Goats. I know Razov and Galindo are hurt, but they still have Guzan. And Sacha. I'm thinking a PK decision (either a bad call or a no call) will cause some controversy, but this'll go to PKs and the better keeper will win out.

I know, I picked all of the top 4 seeds to advance. But they're my picks.

No comments: