October 10, 2007

Will they wear flannel?

That should be the most important question in this whole Seattle MLS business, shouldn't it? No? Can they at least come onto the field to "Smells Like Teen Spirit"? My bad, I was having grunge flashbacks again...

Some interesting news late in the day on the Emerald City. There's talk of an official announcement tomorrow, we'll see about that. The other is a link to this post from the GOALSeattle forums (excellent forums, BTW). It appears that Paul Allen's stake in the team is being given to him in exchange for the Sounders (or whatever they're going to be called) playing RENT FREE at Qwest Field.

In my opinion, that's a pretty sweet deal. I was already okay with Qwest, but this makes it even better. I'm not overly thrilled about sharing ticket and sponsorship staffs with the Seahawks, but I'll wait and see on that one.

No comments: