- After the goal, Montreal really started to control the game. They were getting plenty of chances, but the finishing was not that strong. Everything was right at McIntosh. You could kind of feel the goal coming.
- I really liked what Coach Smith did in the second half, with three forward pressuring the Montreal backline. It really changed the game, and ended up creating both of the Silverbacks' second half goals. While it didn't really result in sustained possession, it kept Montreal bottled up in their own half.
- Rios' pass to Hayes on the 2nd goal was exquisite.
- Toure's cross to McLaughlin on the 3rd goal was almost as good. McLaughlin's header was picture perfect off the inside of the far post.
- Montreal started creating chances again late in the half, primarily coming through the middle of the field. It seemed like the Atlanta forwards tired because there wasn't as much pressure up top.
- What was Bolton doing on the 2nd Montreal goal?
- I'll be curious to see the stats, it seemed like Montreal outshot Atlanta by a fair margin. Atlanta's finishing was much better though, Montreal didn't force McIntosh to work all that hard.
April 25, 2008
Quick thoughts on Atlanta-Montreal
Thanks to some traffic and a late start from the southside, I missed the first 20 minutes of the game. It was nice to pull into the Park and hear the stadium erupt on Macoumba's goal. Here's some quick thoughts about the rest of the game, leave yours in the comments...
Posted by Longshoe at 11:26 PM