- Nothing fancy on the first goal, just good, old fashioned hustle by Ukah to tackle the ball away from a defender in the box, and then turn and finish. Hayes created the play with one of his usual overlapping runs and a good ball into the box. It should've been cleared, but Ukah prevented it.
- The rest of the first half was kind of bland. Rochester looked dangerous when they tried to use Menyonger in the middle of the field, without Delicate, he's the best player they have in the offensive third. Sorry John Ball fans...
- Soft PK call for the Backs to open the second half, Hayes took it and put it away.
- McIntosh had saved a few dangerous chances from the Rhinos, but wasn't able to keep their goal out. Good initial save, but the rebound couldn't be cleared in time. At this point, it looked like the momentum was changing.
- However, it was at this point that the Silverbacks started playing the best soccer of the season. They controlled the ball, controlled the tempo, and basically frustrated the hell out of the Rhinos.
- They answered the Rochester goal pretty quickly. Hassim sent the ball forward to Antoniuk, who held it with his back to goal while waiting for help. Rios ran through on the left side and received a great pass from Antoniuk. Rodrigo knows how to put away a 1v1 with the keeper, and he restored the two goal lead.
- Rochester wilted and Atlanta grew stronger as the half came to a close. Rios returned the favor, assisting on an Antoniuk goal in the last minutes.
July 15, 2007
Best win of the season by far for Atlanta, as they took care of the visiting Rhinos 4-1. It wasn't the best win because of the scoreline, but I thought the team played its best soccer of the season in the second half.
Posted by Longshoe at 1:29 PM