May 4, 2007

Friday's Dust

The last two days have been filled with much Libertadores action, but I managed to catch the Revs-DCU game in between.

- I'm starting to like Eric Wynalda more and more. First, he rehashes the war of words with Kim Rome. These guys just need to throw down. And now, I really liked some of his comments during the Revs-DCU game. Although the Red Card/Yellow Card edition this week was pretty weak, I'm 100% in agreement with his comments regarding Terry Vaughn's "performance" in the game.

- Which brings me to my second point. While the level of play in MLS has gotten increasingly better, the level of refereeing has gotten increasingly worse. I mean, Vaughn practically stole two points from the Revs tonight. A legal shoulder to shoulder challenge is NOT a penalty, and no way was that a red for Shalrie. And don't get me started about Michael Kennedy's show in the 2nd leg of the Houston-Chivas USA tie last year. You'd think that in one of the most populated nations in the world that there are some better refs out there instead of these clowns that MLS trots out every week.

- I'm still trying to get a grip on the wacky week that this has been in MLS. Ellinger gone, Kreis retiring and taking his job, the rumored Guevara to Toronto trade that is seemingly off again, a rumor of DeRosario to Toronto. I'm just wondering when things are going to settle down. Many props to the blogosphere this week, as they've certainly kept things interesting.

- A few good matchups on the slate this weekend. Will be interesting to see how Salt Lake performs as they welcome Red Bull to Utah on Saturday. The Chivas USA-DC United game on Telefutura on Sunday should be fun, as our respective teams do battle. And New England-Chicago also on Sunday should be the game of the weekend.

- On a personal note, my finger is feeling much better and is almost back to 100%. I'm actually typing this without the splint on and might keep it off starting next week. This doesn't mean I'll be back in goal on Tuesday, especially after my Bofo-esque two-goal outburst in a resounding 9-1 victory.

No comments: