April 1, 2007

Blanco's arrival: Don't the Fire fans have any pantalones?

I'm genuinely scared for the man's safety after spending some time online today.

Here's the schedule. I don't know about this "meet and greet" with fans, especially after some of the stuff I've read on BigSoccer.

BigSoccer should have a forum for "classic threads" for stuff like Diego Maradona and his love for Hot Pockets and threads like this. Thread title? "Where/how can I trade in/give back my season tickets?"

The first post is amazing. If anyone ever needed to call in the Waaahmbulance, I think now is the time.

But like I told Shoe on the phone tonight, this move intrigues me more than anything MLS has done, short of adding Chivas USA. I can't wait to see him take the field. As Luis Bueno pointed out after talking to players like Claudio Suarez, Paco Palencia and Juan Pablo Garcia, Blanco's in for a surprise if he thinks he can come in and dominate. MLS is a lot better than it's given credit for south of the border.

There's so much to write about this, here's one interesting thing: Anyone remember a couple of years ago when Blanco was charged with assault in Houston for punching a bathroom attendant? Well, I do. It was rumored that the guy he punched was a Morelia fan. And with the whole Fire/Morelia thing...........well, you can follow the tangent.

And no, I won't be buying a Blanco #10 Fuego de Chicago jersey.

No comments: