March 2, 2007

Please, just retire already

Then we won't have to hear any more rumors.

Today's rumor: Cuauhtémoc Blanco to the Houston Dynamo for $5 million a year for four years.

I know. The article is in Spanish. Trust me, what I'm saying is right.

Let me get this straight: First New England. Then Chicago. Now Houston. Next thing you know the President of the Atlanta expansion team, BigKahuna, will be bidding for Blanco's services.

Am I the only person who noticed that he had no business being on the field against the USA? (Sorry, I didn't see the Venezuela game. I was too busy watching the CONCACAF Champions Cup.) Blanco's 34 years old, and he's DEFINITELY not getting any younger. The only reason he's getting another run on El Tri is because he's good friends with Hugo Sánchez and because Hugo wants to make it up to Cuauhsimodo because Lavolpe forgot about him.

Besides that, who can forget about his legendary assault of a waiter in a Houston restaurant back in 2005, something he just now cleared up by signing 100 soccer balls for needy children.

Sure, he might put culos in the seats, but his best days on the field are well behind him.

No comments: