February 25, 2008

Comments of the Year, part two

Sept. 13, 2007: "The Cupcake Nation says "more photos of Hope please"." (the Hope Solo lovefest begins)

Sept. 14, 2007: "I am human and I need to watch LA lose, just like everybody else does."

Sept. 15, 2007: "Zen indeed ... now if you'll excuse me I'll pick up my jaw and leave. Sorry for having vulgar thoughts about the girl you have dibs on."

Sept. 22, 2007: "So, I guess you are going to start whining about the Silverbacks organization in general and the coaching in particular now that they did not win tonight." (anonymous comment after a 1-1 draw in the first leg of the semis between ATL-POR)

Sept. 22, 2007: "Anonymous my ass. You've had the same damn excuse all year long and can't figure out anything else to say but bitch at people who expressed opinions that are different than yours (which obviously must be right). I'm sure you were at the game tonight and saw that a huge chance to be up in this series was missed AND MAYBE IF YOU'D TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE ORIGINAL DAMN POST NEXT TIME then you would see that no one said a word about your precious organization and coach. Their must brainwashing going on somewhere to program one response from you.... I bet I know where it is. I hope your river of tears is clearing trees under 285 so there's parking space next season." (20 minutes later, at 2:00 a.m.)

Sept. 22, 2007: "Come on you bunch of wooses. Stay up for the banter! You fell asleep on me." (at 3:00 a.m.)

Sept. 22, 2007: "It makes me laugh when anonymous people argue. Its like two invisible people getting in a boxing match. They can throw all the punches they want but they can't ever land the punches since they can't see each other."

Oct. 2, 2007: "Although I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm and level of dedication to the sport, unfortunately, your responses are frequently off the mark."

Oct. 3, 2007: "by the way... those people who disagree sometimes still support the team, despite what some drunk frat boys believe."

Jan. 14, 2008: "For World of Warcraft Cheats wow gold and World of Warcraft Hacks click here." (never mention World of Warcraft, or you get stupid comments like this, just wait...)

Jan. 16, 2008: "This little twerp is playing a game and there's no game that's so important - not even a World Cup friggin' final - where pulling this kind of s%$# should be tolerated. This kid, and anyone who pulls that kind of s%#$, should be suspended - and for a couple games. That's more than a red." (discussion of racial comments on the field between players)

Jan. 30, 2008: "I applaud your brave stand, Longshoe. But that jersey has all the "pop" of salt-free water crackers. It's what Hootie and the Blowfish would look like as a shirt." (new US jersey)

Feb. 16, 2008: "You guys buy wonder bread, drink whole milk at dinner, order vanilla at 31 Flavors? That shirt has no soul." (more jersey comments)

Thanks to everybody, even anonymous, for reading!

1 comment:

Jefa said...

Rats! I never say anything clever. :-(