- The season starts with three tough tests at the RE/MAX with feisty Carolina and perennial stalwarts Montreal and Seattle coming to town.
- There's only 3 games in July. Summer break?
- August is absolutely brutal with 11 games. Pick up those points early in the campaign.
- There's some crazy road trips going on. A Friday/Sunday in Atlanta/Seattle, a Thursday/Saturday in Portland/Minnesota, a Friday/Sunday/Tuesday in Atlanta/Rochester/Atlanta, a Friday/Sunday in Atlanta/Vancouver...
- The worst ,by far, is August 20-30 with a Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday/Wednesday/Saturday in Montreal/Rochester/Montreal/Vancouver/Atlanta. Yikes.
- Atlanta drew the short straw, or lost out in rock/paper/scissors, by having to travel to Seattle and Vancouver twice. Welcome to the 30 game schedule, boys! It's always going to be hard when you play each team an odd number of times.
In other Silverbacks' related news, former PDL Silverback Jonathan Leathers has been showing out well in the MLS Draft Combine. Our blog buddy Ives has him going to RSL at the end of the first round in a mock draft.