November 16, 2007

MLS Cup Pick - Go Houston (by default)


So it's come down to this. I'm two points down with one match to go. I've got to get this one exactly right and hope Jeff at Center Holds It completely gets it wrong.

Hence my pick of a Dynamo win. Truth be told, I'd kind of like to see Twellman and the Revs finally win a MLS Cup (to go along with their first-ever trophy in the US Open Cup this season), but I just don't think they've been the best overall team in the league this year.

The score? 2-1 Houston. This goes against Jeff's pick of a 1-0 Revs win.

Either way I think it'll be a good game, better than last year's stalemate during the first 90 minutes. But I still think it'll go to extra time.

So here's pinning my hopes on a back-to-back champ. Go Houston 1836!

1 comment:

The Manly Ferry said...

El Guero: You mad genius. You pulled out the tie. Brilliant call.

That leaves us tied, right? So...now what Team Cupcakes? Drop me a line and we'll figure it out.