May 5, 2007

Spending some time in the bakery, cooking up Saturday's predictions

Sorry my posts have been a bit sporadic lately. The real world has been keeping me from my tasty treats as of late. Let's try to catch up, and get some predictions in for the rest of the weekend's games.

- Amado Guevara is not in Toronto, or Chivas, or anywhere else right now. He left MLS this week. My guess is Chivas will get some sort of nominal transfer fee for him when the window opens this summer and he goes back to play in Central America. I'm pretty surprised this didn't work out, I think Amado has a lot of talent. Unfortunately, his attitude isn't always the best. We know Preki won't stand for that.

- Matt Reis was a hoss for the Revs Thursday night. That save he made in injury time on a corner was excellent. Sorry Revs fans, that red card on Shalrie Joseph was harsh.

- According to MLS Underground, Becks will grace the cover of Sports Illustrated on July 11, which will coincide with the Galaxy's rebranding. It's still said that his first game in the new Galaxy colors will be the friendly against Chelsea on July 21.

KC-Columbus, 1:00 ET (DK)
I'm still not sure about Kansas City, I don't know how much stock to put into two wins over Toronto and I still think they didn't look as good as the scoreline in their 4-2 win over DC. I almost hate to say it, but I think the Crew are for real at this point. With Guille a possibility to debut this weekend, I think the Village People will only keep the hits coming.
KC 1, Columbus 2

Salt Lake-New York, 9:00 ET (HDNet)
Salt Lake is in shambles, with Jason Kreis leaving the field to become head coach. New York is on top of the Eastern Conference. The Red Bulls have been playing well, and should get better with Markus Schopp returning from injury and Juan Pablo Angel waiting on his work permit. For some reason, I think the coaching change will fire RSL up, but not enough for the full three points.
Salt Lake 1, New York 1

Colorado-Houston, 9:30 ET (FSC)
Most people would have guessed that these teams would be in opposite places in the standings at this point. The Rapids are tied for the top of the West, with Houston losing half of their games played. The CONCACAF hangover has to stop sometime for the Dynamo, but it's going to have to wait another week. The Rapids are really tough at home, and will get the job done here.
Colorado 2, Houston 1

No comments: