May 15, 2007

MLS Power Rankings

EDITOR's NOTE: I'll step in for the busy Blondie and post his Power Rankings, with a couple of my thoughts thrown in for good measure...

Eastern Conference

1. New England Revolution: Great win in LA over the weekend, they might be better than I thought.
2. Kansas City Wizards: I'm still not sold on these guys.
3. Chicago Fire: I think the slide has begun, can Cuau save them? He's trying to save his current team right now, and doing a pretty damn good job of it.
4. Red Bull New York: Paper tigers, or bulls. Old Captain America needed a game off, and they stunk. It is hard to get up for a match when all you see are empty seats though.
5. Columbus Crew: They will rise higher, I'd actually bump them up already. Guille will do wonders for them.
6. DC United: I'm still not sold on these guys either, and they're my team. Hopefully, we'll see something new this weekend.
7. Toronto FC: Great win for the Reds, it will take more strong play to rise up the rankings though.

Western Conference

1. Houston Dynamo: We saw the Dynamo of old against Colorado, can they keep doing it? The DDR haircut seems to have done the trick.
2. FC Dallas: The Hoops are all over the place, I think they're a little high here.
3. Colorado Rapids: I would hate to play this team. They're my sleeper MLS Cup 07 Champs right now.
4. Los Angeles Galaxy: Still waiting on Becks, they need to start getting focused on the task at hand.
5. Chivas USA: They should be better, that Guevara mess might be hurting them off the field.
6. Real Salt Lake: Getting rid of Ellinger was a great move, Kreis at least seems to motivate them. Now, some wins would be nice...

No comments: